Pages

Welcome

Hello, My name is Lucy, I am a wife, mum and portrait and wedding photographer. My photography is about more than mementos of a portrait session or wedding day, it is emotion, soul, life, love and light. To me, it is not just about capturing how someone looks but how they feel, who they are at that point in time. My job as your photographer is to capture beautiful images, images that will not only serve as bespoke art for your home, gorgeous gifts for loved ones but as vibrant, happy memories that you will treasure for a lifetime.

THE NEW BLOG


Friday 5 August 2011

Major House Refurb.

No. Not the new house, not yet. This is a house belonging to a certain Ms B. Doll. Ella and I have been talking about this refurb for some time. Ella got a lovely dolls house for Christmas three years ago but it's starting to look tired and well, it's just not cool for a 7 year old to have a house like this... apparently. So... inspired by my new copy of Mollie Makes full of beautiful ideas and photography we decided last weekend was just right for the renovation. Now, Barbie is a pretty stylish girl but what's with all the fuchsia and glitter!? not cool. So we set to work, here's the before...


We went to HobbyCraft and bought some supplies but most of the things are made from bits and pieces we had lying around. Ella made some artwork and then she got a bit bored so I carried on. The thing is I can't do things by halves, I just can't and inside I'm just a big kid wanting to make a mess and have fun. Here is our summer holiday project and Barbie's beautiful new pad...






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucy - that's just lovely!! You have inspired me - I have a doll's house I made for my Ella's 3rd birthday! It is now minus windows, threadbare and sad. I shall refer back to your fab project and start putting our house back in order too! Your Ella must be overjoyed! xx

Lucy Woodrow said...

Thanks Boo - Yes she is thrilled with it. The problem is that she can't decide WHICH Barbie is going to live in it so she thinks it is necessary to buy a new one to solve the problem!!

Alexandra Andrews said...

Lucy you are super cool mum, will you adopt me !