Pages

Welcome

Hello, My name is Lucy, I am a wife, mum and portrait and wedding photographer. My photography is about more than mementos of a portrait session or wedding day, it is emotion, soul, life, love and light. To me, it is not just about capturing how someone looks but how they feel, who they are at that point in time. My job as your photographer is to capture beautiful images, images that will not only serve as bespoke art for your home, gorgeous gifts for loved ones but as vibrant, happy memories that you will treasure for a lifetime.

THE NEW BLOG


Friday 29 July 2011

Emily & Greg's Big Day

Well before I tell you about the marvellous day that was Emily and Greg's Wedding Day I will just explain about some little changes. I used to keep a seperate wedding blog which you can still see here... but from now on all weddings will be shared on here.

Back to Emily and Greg... I was super excited about photographing this day as I knew it promised to be something really special. Emily and Greg live in the beautiful little village of Napton on the Hill and they are very active members of the community there, Greg organised this years Napton Festival which sadly I missed due to our holiday but I hear it was a resounding success. The entire wedding, ceremony and reception all took place in their beloved village. Emily and Greg had put so much attention to detail in every little bit of the day, from the incredible horse and carriage to the unusual cheese-cake (no, not lemon marscapone but a tower of different cheeses - yum). Whenever I ask a bride who she has chosen to do her flowers, if the reply is 'Suzanne Evetts' I always give a little shriek of joy because I know without question that the flowers will be stunning and they absolutely were.

After the ceremony the celebrations continued at Napton Village Hall with moving speeches from the Groom, the Bride and her father and a warm and rather hilarious speech from David, Greg's best man. The atmosphere was relaxed and the sun was shining and Emily and Greg danced their first dance as a married couple in the evening sunshine with live music by 'Ben & Peggy'. Shortly after 'Rack and Ruin' stepped up the beat and everyone danced a Ceilidh as the sun was setting.

Well, there's nothing more for it but to show you the images, here they are....

















3 comments:

Andrea Ellison Photography said...

Oh Lucy...you are so clever ! just lovely..every single one of them x

Lucy Stendall Photography said...

Outdoor first dance! Outdoor first dance! Lovely work Lucy x

elizaboophotography.com said...

Oh I haven't been by your blog for a while and I've just spent some lovely time catching up on all your fab pics! Wedding beautiful and Ralph so cute!!!! xx